Mastodon is very flexible and useful, there are plenty of APIs available to play around with. To make use of most of the APIs, you'll need to generate a token and grant specific permissions to it.
Here's how you do it:
- Login to your Mastodon instance, ie. https://mastodon.sg
- Go to Preference -> Development, click on New Application.
- Enter the name of the Application and modify the scopes required.
*It is highly not recommended to give read:all or write:all
- Submit it then click on the name of the Application you've just created.
- You'll be able to copy the Access Token here.
Remember to keep your Access Token safe. Generate a new one if you think it's been compromised or if you've modified the Scopes.